Media Specialists and Para-pro assist patrons in locating and using print, non-print, computer-based and Internet resources.
- A QUIET ATMOSPHERE for INDIVIDUAL research is maintained at all times.
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Hours may vary due to professional obligations.
- STUDENT PASSES
- Students must have an individual pass in his/her personal HANDBOOK signed by a teacher to use the Media Center during the school day.
- Passes are not necessary before or after school or during lunch periods, BUT photo student I.D. must be visible at all times.
- COMPUTER USE IN THE MEDIA CENTER and AT HOME
- Internet access and computer software are provided for use in researching educational topics for the completion of assigned class projects.
- Class groups signed up for research projects will have first rights to the computers.
- See Media Specialist for at-home online access passwords.
- Misuse of the Internet can result in loss of the privilege to use this resource.
- Both are available in the Media Center for a cost of 10 cents per page for black & white copies.
- Color printer is available for a cost of 50 cents per page (and up) from the computers.
- CHECK-OUT OF MATERIALS
- A photo student I.D. card is required.
- Checkout period is 3 weeks with a maximum of 3 items checked out at the same time.
- Students who do not return materials on time will be contacted through their advisor.
- After a time the material will be considered lost and the student must pay for the material.
- FAILURE TO PAY for lost materials can result in loss of parking space, no report card, and/or no textbooks issued the following semester until obligations are cleared with the Media Staff.
- REFERENCE MATERIALS/MAGAZINES/NEWSPAPERS
- To be used in Media Center only.
- Copies may be made for personal use.
- CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS working in the Media Center is of major importance.
- Administrative disciplinary action will be taken for inappropriate behavior, misuse or damage of materials, and ANY setting off of the security system.
- PERSONAL SUPPLIES
- Kleenex, etc. and supplies for the completion of class projects being turned in for a grade must be provided by the student.
- Media Center budget restrictions do not permit issuance of such items.
- FOOD, CANDY, GUM AND DRINKS (INCLUDING WATER BOTTLES)
- These items are NOT permitted in the Media Center.
ALL CAMPUS RULES AND REGULATIONS remain in effect in the Media Center.